Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cheddar Apple Quesadillas for the Daiya Vegan Challenge




This week for Foodie Friends Friday we each came up with a recipe using Daiya Vegan Cheese because they are our sponsor this.  I am not vegan and in fact love dairy, so I was a bit skeptical.  I had tried other brands of vegan cheese back when my daughter was allergic to milk, and honestly didn't like them but I have to say the  Daiya Vegan Cheese  really is different.  It really tastes like cheese, and it melts!  I really did enjoy the challenge and really did like the cheese.  

The recipe came from me wanting to do something with apples and cheese.  I had been thinking about putting the apples in a grilled cheese sandwich when I realized I still had tortillas in the refrigerator, so I decided to make quesadillas!  I added a little fresh sage from my herb garden to the apple cheddar combo, and they were perfect.  Don't forget to check out Foodie Friends Friday. This week you can win a coupon for this delicious cheese.  And, we are having reader winners too, not just blogger winners!

Vegan Cheddar Apple Quesadillas
yield:  2 quesadillas

4 corn tortillas
2 tsp. vegan margarine (I used Earth Balance.)
1 large apple of your choice, cored and thinly sliced (I used a Jona Gold.)
1 Tbsp. fresh sage, chopped
2/3 cup Daiya Vegan Cheddar Shreds

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spread each tortilla with 1/2 tsp. margarine.  Arrange apple slices over 2 of the tortillas.  I used a pinwheel arrangement.  Sprinkle with half the sage and top with half the cheese.  Top with with the other two tortillas.  Bake until they are hot all the way through and the cheese is melted (about 8 to 10 minutes).  Serve immediately.



This photo shows that the cheese really does melt.


1 Comments:

At September 22, 2012 at 11:18 PM , Blogger Lindsey said...

So creative! I love it! Thanks for participating in the Foodie Friends Friday Vegan Challenge!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫: Cheddar Apple Quesadillas for the Daiya Vegan Challenge

This page has moved to a new address.

Cheddar Apple Quesadillas for the Daiya Vegan Challenge