Sunday, June 24, 2012

Key Lime Breakfast Bars for Breakfast Ideas Mondays


 

I almost didn't do Breakfast Ideas Mondays this week.  I had a really intensive training for school, and all I could think of was that all I had eaten for breakfast this week was a Larabar - well actually several, one one each day I managed to eat breakfast.  Then, I thought well, I've seen recipes for copycat Larabars, and I wonder what all that entails.  So, after some looking around, I realized these were seriously easy.  I mean they cost less than the original and take less time to make than going the store to buy them.  I barely adapted my recipe from here at the Amy Layne Paradigm Blog, and although they say they make two to three (and I made three), I think they are about twice the size of what you buy in the store.  I made my favorite flavor - key lime, because my local store doesn't carry them.  Basically, I am really excited to have found a way to get my favorite flavor quickly and cheaply, and best of all they really do taste like the real thing.

As usual, don't forget to stop by Yummy Inspirations to see all the great Breakfast Ideas Mondays posts this week!


Key Lime Breakfast Bars
yield: 3 large bars

1/2 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup dates
1/3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
1 Tbsp. key lime juice

Put all ingredients into a food processor and process until it sticks together and begins to form a ball.  Press everything together in the shape of a square onto a piece of parchment.  With a sharp knife, cut into three equal bars.  Using a spatula to lift the bars, place each of them onto their own piece of parchment.  Wrap in parchment and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.

Source:  Amy Layne Paradigm Blog

This recipe was shared on Foodie Friends Friday.






6 Comments:

At June 25, 2012 at 12:49 AM , Blogger Nicole said...

Oh my goodness- so simple and so delicious sounding. Awesome! Found you through the breakfast blog hop, definitely pinning this for future use. :)

 
At June 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Ashley Blom said...

I'm bad, I never eat breakfast. I just eat hefty lunches and dinners and coffee is my breakfast. I know this is no good, and should start at least having a little snack to tide me over. This would be good, I love key lime!

 
At September 21, 2012 at 6:07 AM , Anonymous Cindys Recipes said...

love key lime! got to try this! thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

 
At September 21, 2012 at 8:56 AM , Blogger Dawn said...

Oh girl I love anything lime! Thanks for sharing on FFF.
Dawn from http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com

 
At September 23, 2012 at 3:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look ahhhhh-mazing! Such a good find! Thanks for sharing! I am now following:)

Xo-
Roni @ HomePayge blog

 
At September 23, 2012 at 5:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

These look wonderful! Glad to have found your blog through Foodie Friends Friday! Just voted for you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫: Key Lime Breakfast Bars for Breakfast Ideas Mondays

This page has moved to a new address.

Key Lime Breakfast Bars for Breakfast Ideas Mondays