Friday, June 22, 2012

Mini German Pancakes from Robyn's View for Foodie Friends Friday

Photo from Robyn's View


I missed Foodie Friends Friday last week due to being on vacation at the beach (I am still going to post about the beach - just have to make it through this training first.), but I am making up for it this week with this feature from Robyn's View. These are Mini German Pancakes, and they look delicious.  I can't wait to try them myself. Robyn has a great blog with all kinds of DIY and crafty things as well as delicious recipes so be sure to check it out here.  And, as always check out all the features this week on Foodie Friends Friday.


Now, I will take the time to point out that there is more than one pancake type thing that people call German pancakes just to avoid the confusion. These are miniature versions of what I call a dutch baby, which is a large pancake that usually serves several people.  There are also a version of German pancakes that are more like crepes and topped with butter, sugar, lemon juice, etc. and then rolled an eaten, which are what I call German pancakes.  I actually did a bit of research about this for this post because my husband's mother was German, and she made the crepe-like version.  My husband still makes the crepes, and I will have him do it for the blog someday.  Anyway, the reason for my research was simply to find out if they are both actually German pancakes, and it seems that they are.  They are not the same recipe, but both are of German descent.  The crepes are indeed German crepes.  These German pancakes are apparently a derivation of apfelpfannkuchen, which is apparently very similar to these and the larger dutch baby with apples cook in the batter.

1 Comments:

At June 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't know there were two different types of German Pancakes! I usually make it in a 9x13 pan. My kids loved when I first took it out of the oven. It would be all puffed up and then slowly deflate.

~Robyn

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫: Mini German Pancakes from Robyn's View for Foodie Friends Friday

This page has moved to a new address.

Mini German Pancakes from Robyn's View for Foodie Friends Friday