Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hoisin-Glazed Chicken with Cabbage Slaw



Ok, so I'm trying to eat healthy, so I will be trying some recipes out there that I can post a link to so that you can try them to.  If I adapt them, I will post that here too.  Don't worry, not everything I am posting will be healthy.  I doubt I can stay away from baking entirely or for very long, but you are going to be getting a dose of good for you stuff too.  This recipe can be found here:  Hoisin-Glazed Chicken with Cabbage Slaw.  It is a Real Simple recipe.  I didn't change it, though I did make about 1 1/2 of the recipe to account for the males in the house wanting a bit more.  It is good, inexpensive and quick - perfect for a weeknight.  I cut up my vegetables a good bit more than what they have pictured.



First I sliced my cabbage in one direction


and then in the other to give it a more chopped rather than slice effect.


Then, I added the dressing ingredients


and the cilantro.


Stir until combined, and you're done with the slaw.  I made it before a started baking the chicken to allow the vegetables time to marinate, but you could put it together while the chicken cooks to save time.


In addition to basting the chicken with the sauce before baking, I basted several times during baking to add more flavor.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫: Hoisin-Glazed Chicken with Cabbage Slaw

This page has moved to a new address.

Hoisin-Glazed Chicken with Cabbage Slaw