Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Oreo Brownie Birthday Cake


This is a birthday cake I made recently.  It is absolutely yummy.  I made it using two layers of these brownies without the nuts.  To do this you need to double the recipe and bake it in a 9" x 13" pan, twice.  Yes that is right, four recipes altogether.  And, yes that is two whole pounds of premium chocolate.  I didn't say it was cheap or low calorie... And, I have made it with a sandwich cookie pan using one recipe for each layer, but we needed more this time.  In between the two layers is one recipe of the center filling you find in Oreo ball recipes.  Really it isn't a recipe, it is just one package of oreos blended in the food processor with one 8oz. package of cream cheese.






Then before I put the second layer on, I piped white buttercream around the edges, so it would look like an Oreo.


And finally, I piped on a border and a little decoration on top.


Obviously, none of these recipes were my original.  I just put them together.  I will post my recipe for buttercream.  I am sure there are others out there just like it, but this one has the amounts just how I like them.

Buttercream Icing

1 lb. butter, softened
2 lbs. confectioners sugar (sift it if it is at all lumpy)
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup cream

Using the paddle attachment of an electric mixer cream together butter and sugar.  Add vanilla and cream and beat until all is well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl several times.  Add more cream if you need a thinner consistency.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At April 21, 2012 at 2:30 PM , Anonymous Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes said...

I love this! Brownie, oreo, and buttercream frosting is a combination made in heaven!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫: Oreo Brownie Birthday Cake

This page has moved to a new address.

Oreo Brownie Birthday Cake