Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Awards!

I am so excited.  Jody at Binomial Baker has given me the Kreativ Blogger Award and the Sunshine Award!  Thank you so much Jody!  You should definitely check out her blog.  It is wonderful!  And, she is studying to become a math teacher, which is what I do, so she has to be awesome.  These are my first awards so that makes the even better.  So, I knew I was supposed to do something, and pass these along, but I wasn't absolutely sure what, and I am one of those people who can't seem to just do what they think they are supposed to do.  I just have to be sure, so I did do a Google search, but it came back with some discrepancies about the numbers, so I went with the higher numbers, which were the numbers Jody used, so it seemed good.



For the Kreativ Blogger Award I am supposed to share ten things about myself, so here they are:

  1. I am a calculus teacher, which you probably already know, but I also teach other high school math.
  2. I have a daughter in college.
  3. I have a son that goes to the school where I teach.
  4. I have two cats - one really large male tabby and one really small female tabby.
  5. I have a West Highland White Terrier.
  6. I feel like I am terrible and listing things like this.
  7. The only food I absolutely won't eat is bananas.  Well, I might eat them blended into something or cooked, but plain or recognizable bananas are completely out of the question.
  8. I have huge cookbook collection.
  9. I have a patio pond that is full of frogs and lizards.
  10. I name the birds that come to my bird feeders.




For the Sunshine Award I am supposed to answer some specific questions.  I think this will be easier.


  1. Favorite Color:  purple
  2. Favorite Animal:  dogs
  3. Favorite Number:  I don't have one - which is probably odd for a math teacher.  I could make one up, but I wouldn't know where to start.  After all, there are an infinite number of numbers. 
  4. Favorite Drink:  lemonade
  5. Facebook or Twitter?:  Facebook
  6. Passion:  baking 
  7. Getting or Giving Presents?:  Giving because I am more comfortable with it.  And, if I have enough money for what I want to give, it is a lot of fun.
  8. Favorite Pattern: Polka-Dots!
  9. Favorite Day of the Week:  Saturday because I can sleep in.
  10. Favorite Flower: hyacinth

Finally, I am supposed to pass them both on, so here are the bloggers I am passing it on to.  I they are all wonderful, so please check them out!  If you are on the list, I will be notifying you with a comment on your blog tomorrow.

  1. Home Skillet - delicious recipes with beautiful photos
  2. Yummy Inspirations - yummy healthy recipes
  3. Plate Fodder - wonderful recipes with great stories
  4. Baking Perfection - lots of yummy baking recipes and other recipes too
  5. Moogie and Pap - great recipes with great photos
  6. Magnolia Days - a blog about life in the south also with great recipes
  7. Better with Veggies - a blog about healthy living with some great healthy recipes
  8. On Sugar Mountain - a baking blog with yummy recipes
  9. Wishes and Dishes - lots of delicious recipes
  10. She Makes and Bakes - wonderful recipes and photos

4 Comments:

At May 18, 2012 at 2:22 PM , Anonymous Renee said...

Thank you so much for the awards!

 
At May 18, 2012 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Jennifer Kendall said...

Congratulations on the awards! And thank you so much for nominating us, we are truly honored!

 
At May 20, 2012 at 12:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks you so much for mentioning bakingperfection.com!! You have a great blog :)

 
At May 21, 2012 at 11:17 PM , Anonymous Emily @ She Makes and Bakes said...

Thanks for the award!! Love your blog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫: Awards!

This page has moved to a new address.

Awards!