Friday, May 11, 2012

Sweet and Salty Pretzel Peanut Bars



These yummy bars are a sweet and salty version of the seven layer bars I grew up with. They are almost ridiculously easy to make and, aside from the cooling time, super fast too!  My only regret is that I only got one because I made them to send to my daughter to snack on during final exam week in college.  I've even been asked a couple of times by my son and husband if I sent all of them because they wanted another, so I will definitely have to make them again.



Pretzel Peanut Bars

1/2 cup (1stick) butter
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 1/4 cups pretzels, broken but not crushed
1 cup salted peanuts
6 oz.  semi-sweet chocolate chips
6 oz. white chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.  While the oven is pre-heating, put the stick of butter in a 9"x13" baking pan and put it in the oven to allow the butter to melt in the pan.  Check it frequently because you don't want it to burn.  Remove from the oven.  Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the butter to form a crust.
Layer broken pretzels, peanuts, white chocolate chips, and semi-sweet chocolate chips over the graham cracker crust.  Drizzle with sweetened condensed milk.  Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden around the edges and bubbly.  Allow to cool completely in the pan


Here are some more photos of the sweet and salty goodness.





Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At May 11, 2012 at 3:13 PM , Blogger Ashley Blom said...

They're like Magic Bars, but even better! I love love pretzels mixed with sweet things. These look great :)

 
At July 12, 2012 at 10:15 PM , Anonymous Carol @ Always Thyme to Cook said...

They look so good, I love the combination of salty and sweet. I can see they'd be addicting!

 
At July 13, 2012 at 3:38 PM , Blogger Alil Country Sugar said...

Those look totally sinful! And I have all the ingredients to make them....HUMMMM!! I know what I'm going to be doing today.

 
At July 14, 2012 at 12:52 PM , Anonymous madge | the vegetarian casserole queen said...

Sweet and salty is a dangerously delicious combination!

 
At July 16, 2012 at 12:22 AM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

Sweet and salty magic bars sounds extremely dangerous and delicious!!! I don't think I would be able to give them away:-)

 
At June 8, 2023 at 3:53 PM , Anonymous Dips Recipes said...

Great post thank you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫: Sweet and Salty Pretzel Peanut Bars

This page has moved to a new address.

Sweet and Salty Pretzel Peanut Bars