Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Grilled Salmon with Fresh Peach Salsa



We finally made it to the farmers' market last week.  The last two years, I have sold baked goods, primarily cupcakes and French macarons, at two markets. Unfortunately, this year, I have had too many other professional commitments to do that, and this was the first time that I have even been able to attend.  I do miss it.  But anyway, we bought peaches (among other things) at the market, and with those peaches, I made this wonderful peach salsa to go over salmon.  This makes a delicious and healthy meal.



Peach Salsa
yield:  about 2 1/2 cups


2 cups peaches, chopped (about 4 or 5 medium peaches)
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1 avocado, chopped
2Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
1 large jalapeno, chopped (Please wear gloves to do this!  Leave the seeds in if you like it hot, and remove them if you don't.)
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.


Stir together all ingredients until everything is evenly distributed.  Refrigerate while you cook the salmon.


Salmon


Basically, you can cook the salmon you favorite way and then top it with the salsa. I brush mine with olive oil and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.  Then, generally, I send my husband out to grill it until it flakes easily with a fork.  Yes, I know, I need to master this grilling thing myself - maybe someday.









1 Comments:

At July 11, 2012 at 2:40 PM , Blogger Ashley Blom said...

As strange as it sounds, I don't think you can go wrong with fish and fruit. They compliment each other quite well!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫: Grilled Salmon with Fresh Peach Salsa

This page has moved to a new address.

Grilled Salmon with Fresh Peach Salsa